Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Filtering Select Box
18-Apr-2018, 03:31 PM
Filtering Select Box
Hello
I am using the Filtering Select Box on a form together with the standard Select Box. However users are complaining that they look different. I've adjusted the Control styling under properties to match each other, but this hasn't made any difference. Is there a straight forward way to make the Filtered box look the same as the standard?

Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
18-Apr-2018, 05:31 PM
RE: Filtering Select Box
Hi kidder,

The Filtering Select control is a dojo based control and so it may look a bit different to the browser based standard Select Box. This different implementation also means that any inline styles added on the properties tab on Page Design may not be processed exactly the same between the two controls.

If you need your two fields to look exactly the same, then one simple solution might be to change both controls to be Filtering Selects.

If this is not an option, then you should be able to adjust the theme CSS files to get the controls to look quite similar.
The exact amount of styling you can apply to the standard select can depend on which browser you are using, and there are generally limits as to what specific things can be changed.
You should have more control over the Filtering Select however by overriding the dojo styling accordingly.

Unfortunately, without seeing the CSS files that you are using it is impossible to suggest what changes should be made to make the controls appear similar.
In addition, what are the main complaints that you have had? Are they regarding the down arrow buttons on the right, the styling of the dropdown options menu, or something else?

If you can provide these details I can try and have a more detailed look, or hopefully you can use these pointers to adjust your CSS as needed.

Regards,
Gerard
19-Apr-2018, 09:24 AM
RE: Filtering Select Box
I just put the filtering select on tbh, so didn't really play with it too much as CSS is not my strong point...I think that the main issue drop-down arrow was different to the standard. It didn't occur to me to make all drop-downs filtering selects...I'll run it past the business. Thanks for your help :-)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Question Select Box squashed in Compatibility Mode Hawk 3 5,355 17-Sep-2012 09:54 AM
Last Post: Steve
  Validation Failure on unpopulated Select Box Hawk 1 5,245 17-Aug-2012 11:20 AM
Last Post: Gerard
  Multiple Select Box queries on same page / table with different data jclamphear 2 3,932 13-Jun-2012 10:15 AM
  Repeat content based on values from multiple select anand 3 6,303 13-Apr-2012 06:01 PM
  Update fields based on select value ghensley_csuf 2 4,420 19-Mar-2012 04:27 PM
Last Post: ghensley_csuf
  How to default select box value to value from database va@H 6 7,218 28-Nov-2011 02:28 PM
  database query based on the select box option selected scadena 2 4,638 10-Oct-2011 03:23 PM
Last Post: scadena
  Make database query depending on the selected item in a select box. scadena 2 3,927 04-Oct-2011 03:30 PM
Last Post: scadena
  MultiSelect select box Hawk 1 4,416 28-Sep-2011 04:37 PM
  SELECT boxes not aligned in IE johnevi 3 9,778 22-Jul-2011 09:31 AM